1. My phone just said to plug in the charger. If I plug in MyBlueBoost instead can I keep using the phone? Yes! As soon as you plug in MyBlueBoost you can continue to use your phone (as long as MyBlueBoost is charged).
2. How long can I continue to use my phone after I plug in MyBlueBoost? Exact times are hard to give. It depends on your phone's battery level, the amount of charge in MyBlueBoost, what you are doing with the phone, etc. But here are some sample tests we performed using movies, which keeps the backlight on the phone on all of the time - sort of a using-the-most-power case test.
Test 1: A fully charged MyBlueBoost was plugged into a fully charged HTC EVO 4G phone. We ran continuous movies for 5 HOURS and 40 minutes. When we removed MyBlueBoost the phone was still at an incredible 95% charge level.
Test 2: A phone that has a battery level at 5% (that's usually when the phone will turn itself off ) was plugged into a fully charged MyBlueBoost. We ran continuous movies for a whopping 7 hours!
3. Will MyBlueBoost damage my phone’s battery or reduce its life? Absolutely not. MyBlueBoost most likely provides "cleaner" and better regulated power than the charger that came with your phone.
4. Can I use this on my Zune MP3 player or iPod? Of course. Virtually anything that uses up to 500 mA or less at 5 volts should work well with MyBlueBoost, i.e. MP3 players, PSPs, iPods, etc.
5. How long does it take to charge my phone with MyBlueBoost? Our tests indicate that it will charge at about the same rate as if it were plugged into a wall charger. However, the exact time depends on your particular phone charger and how far the phone is discharged, so a firm number is impossible to give.
6. Can I take it on an airplane? Yes, you can. Just remember to follow the flight attendant's instructions as to when you can use approved electronic devices.
7. How do I charge MyBlueBoost? Use the included cable and connect it to your existing plug-in phone charger. For detailed directions check out our support page.
8. Can I use my phone while it is plugged in to MyBlueBoost? Yes! That's one of the great things about MyBlueBoost.
9. Will MyBlueBoost work on my Android phone? Yes, just order MyBlueBoost for Android. It will also work on Blackberry phones and iPhones.
10. Can I change the battery in MyBlueBoost? Yes, you can. The battery must be an 18650 PROTECTED battery. Also make sure the polarity is correct.
11. Is MyBlueBoost a "green" product? We have tried very hard to use as little energy as possible in its manufacture. The electronics parts are all ROHS compliant.
12. Do I need to wait until my phone is dead before I plug in MyBlueBoost? No, you can use MyBlueBoost anytime with your phone. MyBlueBoost is not only a charger for your phone, it also provides a way to prolong the use of your phone when you expect to be using a lot of the phone's power, i.e. watching movies, internet use, long periods of time.
13. How long will it take to charge MyBlueBoost?Generally figure about 4 to 6 hours to charge a fully discharged MyBlueBoost. However, the actual time depends on several factors, including the particular battery charger it's plugged into. Since the MyBlueBoost battery has a larger capacity than your cell phone battery, it will take longer to charge.
14. How much capacity does the MyBlueBoost battery have? Good question! It has an amazing 2600 mAh capacity, which we actually verified through our testing procedures! That's one reason why we chose it for MyBlueBoost.
15. Can I use MyBlueBoost with my new Windows phone? Yes, you can. Either the MyBlueBoost for Android or the MyBlueBoost for Blackberry will work with the Windows phone.
16. What is the white and black sticker on one end of MyBlueBoost? It is a QR code. Just scan the sticker with the barcode scanner app on your smart phone and it will take you directly to the MyBlueBoost website. Cool, huh?
17. If I have other devices in addition to my cell phone that I want to charge with MyBlueBoost, do I need to buy the MyBlueBoost Universal? MyBlueBoost for Android, Blackberry, and iPhone comes with a retractable micro USB cable and, in the case of the iPhone, an iPhone/iPod charging cable. So, if your other devices have a micro USB connector and/or an iPhone/iPod connector, you will not necessarily need MyBlueBoost Universal. However, if your other devices have other connectors, the Universal option may be just what you need as it comes with an amazing 10-in-1 cable. In addition to the micro USB and the iPhone/iPod connector, the 10-in-1 cable has the following connectors: mini USB, Moto V3/V8, Nokia 6230/N95, Sony Ericsson K750, Samsung i900/D800, LG KG90, and PSP. This cable can also be used on other connector equivalent devices.